When printing booklets, it is very important to make sure you format and supply your files correctly.
To format your booklet for printing, please follow the instructions below.
Format your inside pages
You can get your inside pages ready with these steps:
• Set your page size in ‘Page Layout’. Select A4 (297mm x 210mm) or A5 (148mm x 210mm). Keep in mind that if you have images or colour backgrounds that run to the edge of the page in your files, you will need to add 2.5mm of bleed to your pages.
• You can add bleed to your pages by setting a custom page size in ‘Page Layout’ and then ‘Size’. Set your page size to 302mm x 215mm for A4 or 153mm x 215mm for A5.
• In ‘Page Layout’ you can add margins of 10mm.
• Please provide your booklet as a PDF with each page as a single page (not as double page spreads). The internal page count must be a multiple of four. Blank pages can be used to increase the page count.
Now you should have inside pages ready for print, but let's get the cover formatted.
Formatting your cover pages
This one is really simple to format. Just follow these instructions depending on your book size:
• For A5 booklets please supply your cover at 210mm high x 297mm wide plus a 2.5mm bleed on the top, bottom, left and right. Total: 215mm x 302mm.
• For A4 booklets please supply your cover at 297mm high x 420mm wide, plus a 2.5mm bleed on the top, bottom, left and right. Total: 302mm x 425mm.
If you have any questions, or need help formatting your files for book printing, call us on 01733 898102 where an account manager can help you or download one of our templates online.